To be eligible for enrollment in a free pre-kindergarten class, a child must be four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- Is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program. Guidelines can be found here); or
- Is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care)following an adversary hearing held as provided by section 262.201, Family Code; or
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as; a peace officer under Section 3106.002 Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
For children who do not fall under one of the categories listed above:
- There are a limited number of tuition positions available. Students will be notified 2 weeks after the start date of school is there is an available position. Students will be selected in the order in which their registration was completed correctly and in full.
- Tuition is $1,500 per semester and is required in full on or before the first day of the semester.
Before beginning the pre-registration process, please collect and scan the following documents that will need to be uploaded. Directions on how to use your phone as a scanner are linked below.
Required registration documents:
- Proof of Residency - Current utility bills only (water or electric)
- Parent/Guardian state issued ID (Must be parent or legal guardian)
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- Shot records
- Current pay stub or last year's federal tax return (2020)
- SNAP EDG (Eligibility Determination Group) number, if applicable
If you have trouble with the recommended app, there are other scanner apps available in your app store.
Click on the following link that applies to how you are registering:
- Qualified Position Pre-Kindergarten Registration (based on above criteria)
- Child of staff member Pre-Kindergarten Registration
- Tuition-based Pre-Kindergarten Registration
- Kindergarten Registration (New students only)